Saturday October 19th, 2013
Goodness Me, 74 Hamilton Street, North, Waterdown
You don’t have to be a first time mom to enjoy all the benefits and connections of this class, every pregnancy needs to be supported.
You are probably well aware of the role an obstetrician or midwife plays in your pregnancy and birth, but are you aware of the role of a naturopathic doctor? Naturopathic doctors are licensed primary care physicians able to provide complete and comprehensive care complimentary to obstetric or midwifery care.
In this class Dr. Carly Wendler, BA.Sc., N.D. will cover the important role that naturopathic doctors play in your pregnancy , birth, and the post-partum period, and the medical services available to ensure you and your baby stay healthy.
Did you know:
- Acupuncture is safe in pregnancy and can reduce the risk of: a breech baby, an overdue baby, medical interventions like c-sections and epidurals, and can shorten labour time?
- 5-methyltetrahydrofolate is the most bioavailable and needed form of folic acid? Learn why plain old folic acid is no longer making the grade.
- Supplementation during your pregnancy decreases risk for eczema, asthma, and allergies in your baby?
- Your digestive system and what lives in it can affect your baby’s short and long term immune health?
- Urinary tract & yeast infections can be prevented and treated safely and quickly with naturopathic medicine?
Join Dr. Carly Wendler, BA.Sc, Naturopathic Doctor to learn how to select what supplements will help optimize your growing baby’s immune, hormonal, and neurological development, treat pregnancy related conditions without pharmaceutical drugs, and prepare for a smooth transition into your birth and the post partum period. Dr. Wendler has a clinical focus and passion for perinatal health and brings to her practice and educational workshops over 7 years of clinical practice, an evidenced based approach, and a passion for helping families reach and achieve health and wellness. Join the conversation www.facebook.com and become a ‘fan’ of drcarlywendler.
Dads and babes in arms are welcome.
Registration is available online at goodnessme.ca